SHARKSKIN ULTRA SA® is a “state of the art” high temp rated peel and stick roof underlayment developed in 2006. By combining the heavy Sharkskin Ultra® substrate with an aggressive adhesive coating technology, Kirsch Research and Development created an “All Weather Barrier” that is easier to install in both cold and hot temperatures. Engineered as ‘secondary water barrier” to protect residential property and commercial buildings from water leaks due to high wind events such as hurricanes, tornadoes and hail. The patented SHARKSKIN ULTRA SA® self-adhered synthetic roof underlayment also protect against winter ice dam conditions under metal, tile, slate and asphalt shingle roof systems as an ‘Ice Barrier”. This product is Green and supports LEEDS, contains no asphalt or VOC’s. SHARKSKIN ULTRA SA® severe weather underlayment can be installed over a many different substrates in freezing weather. As well as the following:
- High tensile strength- for durable secondary moisture protection in High Velocity Wind Zones
- Safe walking surface – even when wet. Always use caution and fall protective gear especially in wet weather and windy conditions.
- 12 months UV resistance
- ICC-ES, Miami Dade and Florida Building Code approved
- Sticks in the cold – down to 10˚F – without primer
- All temperature performance -40˚F to 280˚F
- Light grey surface is cooler for installers to work with and over. Doesn’t expand or contract
- Double coated splite releaser liner eliminated installation hassles.
- 50-year warranty
- 48” wide roll– requires fewer rolls to comply with “ice barrier” codes